Image Map

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Circa Who...


Love this article on Circa Who...a wonderful vintage furniture store many may know in West Palm Beach, Florida.  I picked a few items and showcased them below! 

OLD FLORIDA STYLE

Stephen Brown


   Vintage never goes out of style—it just changes eras. So if you’re looking for that extra pop of color or statement piece to liven up a room and add a little soul, Circa Who in the historic Northwood district of West Palm Beach is the place.






 Eclectic, funky and fun, this boutique is stuffed to the gills with some of the most unique and vibrant pieces of furniture and home accessories on the market. Specializing in all things vintage, owner Tracy DeRamus embarks on buying excursions daily. “I go on buys every morning on my way into the shop and on my way home in the afternoons,” says DeRamus. “I am definitely looking for things that I love; it has to be unusual, and it has to be vintage.”

I have a smaller version of this mirror...painted white...to be in the booth soon!
   
The boutique is filled with one-of-a-kind whimsical finds harkening back to old Florida, the days of jalousie windows and flat roofs. “I just fell in love with the cheeriness of that old Florida style, all the stuff from the 50s through the 80s is just so bright and cheery.” DeRamus keeps the shop stocked with a decoupage of fun, sunny pieces you won't see everywhere, such as the always-popular Lucite and Hollywood Regency, and the trending Chinese Chippendale and faux bamboo that was all the rage from the 1950s through the 70s.


I love having dog items incorporated into my decor...due to my little West Highland Terrier named Tuffy...
   
 “I am starting to see a shift in trends to a mix of traditional with the vintage Florida look," says DeRamus. "It is all very welcoming. So when it comes to choosing pieces of furniture, I have always said: If you love it, buy it. If it is something that makes you happy, then it will all work together in the end.”


I actually have one of these in white...in my Franklin Antique Mall booth!
I have several in white...coming soon to one of my booths!


Love this store...very inspiring!




Happy Thursday!


Caroline



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the citrus colored images of Florida! Love that bamboo mirror and that dog.....love!! xoxo

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I have been to their site - great stuff!!