Image Map

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Charleston....part 2!


...loved this staircase...and the climbing fig on the steps...maybe it is because I am from Virginia...and love ivy crawling up old brick homes...boxwood...aged brick pathways (that my lawyer of a husband would call a liability)...and Jeffersonian architecture...


...I think I like the fig more than ivy...

...gives it such a quaint, but polished look and is supposed to not damage brick homes as much as ivy...wonder if it will grow in Nashville??

...the full window boxes were everywhere...I need to work on mine!


...this cute pink stucco house was in-between two "grander" looking Charleston homes...I just thought it was precious...wish the car was not there!

...more of the climbing fig...but loved this aqua colored wood gate too...such an unexpected color!

Happy Wednesday!

Caroline



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pictures are wonderful....and I must say, I love that climbing fig as well. It softens things. Is there a more beautiful city in the US????!!

Leah said...

Oh my goodness that stair way is gorgeous!!! What a beautiful city!

Luvs!

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Elizabeth- I agree, there is nothing like Charleston...I could also move there in a heartbeat!

Leah- It is a beautiful city!