Image Map

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Seashells...


I know the summer is coming to an end...but I love a few seashells in a room's decor!  It adds a sense of nature and such a relaxing feeling!  



I found some fun ways to use a few shells in an unexpected way...such as a bookend like above...


...or a way to show off your collections of silver pieces!



...so many types of shells can be used as holders of jewelry or small items...


...and can just make the vignette!


I have a great shell wholesaler...so I keep a good array in the "little store"...


I have written about these before...but just love these shell place-card holders!


...Another great hostess gift, are these shell wine stoppers!


....love a shell mirror as an unexpected touch!


...and anything made of oyster shells like the oyster shell votive holders! 


A few starfish are also nice small pieces to decorate with...





To me, it is always about combining unexpected pieces...and I love mixing in a few shells into any room's decor...such a natural and fun touch!

Take care,
Caroline


*images via Pinterest


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seashells most definitely create a feeling of peace and this collection of shells you have is no different =) The oyster votive holder is gorgeous, I would love to have one of those in my home! Have a great week Caroline! Xoxoxo