|Tuffy keeping an eye on those Comcast guys...love our little watchdog!|
...after a long day with Comcast yesterday...that started at 9 am and ended at 4 pm...and consisted of 3 crews coming to our home...we have internet/TV service now! Yay!
One fun fact I learned is that our foundation is more than 24 inches deep...and the Comcast worker did not have a drill bit large enough to drill a hole through it for the cable line to go into the home...what that told me is that I have a wonderful tornado shelter in my basement...which here in Nashville...is important!
We are now living completely in the new place...and I have learned several things in this long drawn our process...
- 1. Replacing an HVAC system creates a TON of dust...and can take weeks to complete!
- 2. Living simply is the best option...so much of the stuff we had...we did not need! Luckily, we were able to get rid of a lot of it with a simple rule...if we weren't motivated enough to organize and label it in a clear plastic container...we did not need it! Give it to Goodwill!
- 3. Never, never, never offer (or tell your husband it is okay) to take the old law books when the law firm is getting rid of them-- we had 2,000 of them to be exact in our attic. They were all nice and organized in hundreds of legal-sized cardboard boxes...but way too many...and way too heavy! They are now gone...
- 4. I am over cluttered rooms...too much to dust and keep clean. There will be a much more edited look in this new house...and very balanced...I have found I like symmetry...makes a room more calming to me!
- 5. I love old houses...lots of work...but so much character...can't wait to show you more!
...I have trimmed the top of the console table...but still working on the bottom part...my wonderful parents will be visiting from Virginia this weekend...and this is one project that has my mother's name written all over it!